Skip to main content

3Tera Partners with Citrix to Bring Cloud Computing into the Mainstream

3Tera, Inc., the leading innovator of cloud computing technology and utility computing services, announced today a partnership with Citrix Systems, Inc. to make enterprise grade cloud computing solutions available to customers of all sizes in external hosted clouds, or as a platform that can be deployed in corporate data centers behind customer firewalls. By combining the new Citrix Cloud Center™ (C3) solution with 3Tera’s award winning AppLogic™ Cloud Computing Platform, the companies are elevating the benefits of virtualization to a new level – from physical servers and virtual machines to entire virtual data centers and applications running in the cloud. The initial focus of the collaboration between the companies will center on the new Citrix® XenServer™ Cloud Edition, a key component of the Citrix C3 product family. XenServer Cloud Edition offers the full benefits of the proven Xen-based virtualization technology enhanced with advanced cloud infrastructure capabilities specifically defined by 3Tera. 3Tera will also embed XenServer Cloud Edition in future versions of its AppLogic Cloud Computing platform.

“With the introduction of Citrix Cloud Center (C3), Citrix offers a solution to manage the information technology infrastructure of next generation data centers,” said AJ Jennings, vice president of business development, Citrix Systems. “We carefully chose 3Tera to be one of our first strategic partners for C3 because of their deep experience offering a full and open cloud computing platform for running multi-tier applications in a massively scalable global cloud.”

“As cloud computing moves from early adopters to mainstream users, new customers are demanding enterprise levels of reliability, support and control. Our Cloudware architecture allows us to work with Citrix to incorporate commercial, industrial strength virtualization into AppLogic,” said Barry X Lynn, Chairman and CEO, 3Tera. “Adding XenServer Cloud Edition to our application packaging technology, global cloud presence, and disaster recovery appliances creates the first open cloud computing platform ready for mission critical applications.”

Benefits for Customers
Cloud computing is dramatically changing the way applications will be developed, delivered and deployed by everyone from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses and startups. The Citrix / 3Tera partnership adds industrial strength virtualization to an already massively scalable platform. The resulting benefits are particularly important to the enterprise.

• Reinforcing its industry leadership, Citrix is working with 3Tera to add powerful capabilities for data center scalability, management and portability to offer enterprise customers secure, easy to use virtual infrastructure services scalable on demand with remote management through a browser.
• Offering an OS agnostic platform for cloud computing solutions and virtualized data centers leveraging 3Tera’s support for all major server operating systems, Linux, Solaris and Windows.
• The proven leadership of Citrix in virtualization helps make AppLogic an even more dependable platform on which multiple operating system components can operate in the same applications.

About 3Tera, Inc.
3Tera, Inc. is the leading innovator of cloud computing technology and utility computing services, simplifying the deployment and scaling of Web applications. Named “Cool Vendor in IT operations, 2008” by Gartner Group and one of the “Top 20 Companies to Watch in 2008” by Linux Magazine, 3tera‘s AppLogic™ grid operating system enables the first true utility computing services to completely remove the cost and complexity associated with infrastructure. AppLogic converts commodity servers into scalable grids on which users can visually operate, deploy and scale transactional Web applications without any modification of code. Software-as-a-Service providers, Web 2.0 companies, enterprises and open source developers can now get new online services quickly to market by utilizing resources from commodity hosting providers on a pay-as-you-go basis, while maintaining complete control of applications including visual operation, scaling and on-demand resource provisioning. For more information, visit www.3tera.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...