Skip to main content

VMware announces Global Education Services and New Certification tracks!

New to the education offerings are Live Online and Flex Online courses, available for the “VMware Infrastructure 3: Install and Configure” course, one of three courses that serve as a requirement to become a VMware Certified Professional. In the increasingly costly travel climate, Live Online and Flex Online provides students with a variety of options to help them decide how, when and where to attend their courses.*

“Authorized VMware training is the fastest growing part of our portfolio and we're seeing huge demand from our customers for all the courses we offer. Virtualization is having a massive impact on the IT market, so being able to offer Authorized Training and Certification is hugely important for us,” said Leigh Lovering, director, QA-IQ, a leading UK VATC. “We expect the number of students we train in 2008 to be over a 500% increase on 2007, and the first six months is already showing that we are well on the way to achieving that target.”

For those looking to further their skills around VMware Infrastructure, two certifications are available: VMware Certified Professional (VCP) and the new VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX). The VMware Certified Professional is designed for partners, end-users, resellers, and consultants looking to demonstrate their expertise in virtual infrastructure and increase their potential for career advancement. The VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) is an advanced certification for architects and consultants who are responsible for planning and designing VMware enterprise deployments.

“Global interest in VMware certification has exceeded even our most ambitious estimates,” said Randy Trask, vice president of market development at testing services company Pearson VUE. “Among all IT certification programs, no one is growing more quickly than VMware.” Overall, more than 25,000 IT professionals hold one or more VCP certifications and over 18,000 VCPs to date have received the VMware Infrastructure 3 certification.



BW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...