Skip to main content

VDI 2.0 : Sun announces Virtual Desktop Infrastructure readiness


Santa Clara, Calif.-based Sun Microsystems, Inc. today announced the launch of Sun Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Software 2.0, its end-to-end solution that helps organizations to easily and efficiently establish and manage virtual desktop sessions on any operating system, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris Operating System (http://www.sun.com/software/solaris) and even Windows Mobile. Sun VDI Software 2.0 is available for purchase immediately and a free trial of the software can be downloaded at: http://www.sun.com/software/vdi/get.jsp.

Sun VDI Software 2.0 is part of Sun's broader virtualization software portfolio, Sun xVM software, which includes Sun xVM Ops Center, the soon to be released Sun xVM Server and the newly acquired Sun xVM VirtualBox software. Sun VDI Software 2.0 is designed to deliver a secure, centralized desktop environment, enables IT managed data backup and security and allows users to access their full desktop environment from nearly any client device without installing software.

Sun VDI Software 2.0 builds on the world-class security and mobility benefits of the previous release and introduces the new Sun Virtual Desktop Connector, which provides seamless integration to third-party virtualization technologies within an organization's infrastructure. Sun VDI Software 2.0 includes support for virtual desktops based on the Solaris OS, Windows, Mac OS X or Linux and provides access from any supported client device – from traditional PCs to alternative devices such as Sun Ray ultra thin virtual display clients – over nearly any network connection.

In February, as part of a broader agreement with VMware Inc., Sun demonstrated and announced its support for Sun VDI Software 2.0 on VMware Infrastructure 3 software, which allows customers to use their VMware deployment to host Windows virtual machines and leverage Sun's nearly 10 years of experience in delivering full screen desktop sessions over the network.



Read more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...