Skip to main content

10 or 100 Virtualization vendors to watch in 2008?

CIO.com is carrying this news while a lot of other virtualization vendors are totally ignored:

They missed out:

Electric Cloud
Amazon Cloud
HP's VO/E
VMlogix
Surgient
Catbird
and many more that have equal, if not more, value-add to a Virtual environment.

In my opinion, the ones you really have to watch out of these are:

Embotics
Marathon Technologies
CiRBA
BlueLane
Akorri

Here's the list of CIO's pick. Next time I prefer a poll with a list of 100 vendors and let the consumers, clients, community decide.

Comments

  1. What do you like about each that makes you say " In my opinion, the ones you really have to watch out of these are:"

    Embotics
    Marathon Technologies
    CiRBA
    BlueLane
    Akorri

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some very simple reasons:
    - They are Virtualization 3.0 ready (or are heading towards that)
    - We need to focus the next level strategy, these firms are also taking effort to provide that.
    - Except Akorri, I've spoken to the rest, and they seem to be very strong in their product line
    - They also take efforts to evangelize
    - They take effort in getting heard, with some of them I regularly chat so I also know that they are constantly working on that next level

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...