Skip to main content

VMware: 300+ participants in Academic Worlwide Program

As part of the program, VMware plans to release an online Academic Community Center later this year that will feature courseware, research papers, discussion groups and other valuable resources designed to enhance research and instruction in the area of virtualization. Registration will be free and anyone who elects to join the Academic Community Center will be able to download content as well as share their own content with the Community.

"VMware itself grew out of academic research and many of our earliest customers were at universities. The VMware Academic Program is our way of contributing back to academia by making our products available free-of-charge for research and teaching," said Dr. Stephen Herrod, Vice President of Technology Development at VMware. "We have more than 300 academic institutions worldwide taking advantage of the program today, and we look forward to working with them and others to further accelerate research in the area of virtualization."

Participants in the VMware Academic Program include Boston University, Brigham Young, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia University, Cornell, Duke, Georgia Institute of Technology, Harvard, MIT, Oxford, Pennsylvania State University, Princeton, Purdue, Rochester Institute of Technology, Singapore Polytechnic, Stanford, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Tokyo Institute of Technology, UC Berkeley, UCLA, University of Genoa, University of Toronto and University of Waterloo.


Burn, baby, burn. Churn, sweets, Churnnn...

Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...