Skip to main content

Google's browser, the engine for the Cloud?

I don't know what Om is raving about, but Shankland too wrote a brave post about how he shifted to Chrome. I particularly like Firefox for all it does for me. I do fat things, I have heavy needs and I am not in need of something fast when I am pretty much content with the quality of content delivered to me.

So for all the cool extensions like ABP, IE plugin, Facebook, LinkedIn etc etc, I am not about to pick Chrome. Nice article but it really doesn't make any solid case for Google's Cloud readiness. They're good in search and have a lot of data indexed. That it.

A lot has changed in the past 10 years. For one thing, the cost of hardware and network infrastructure has declined sharply. Such a decline has led to what's known as cloud computing, whereby companies like Amazon.com (AMZN) offer infrastructure on demand. That has, in turn, allowed innovators to roll out their applications without making major outlays up front.

In the meantime, always-on broadband connections at home, work, and on the move have become commonplace. This has served as a catalyst for those who have developed Web services that are now screaming for browsers that allow your data to live on the Web but be accessible offline, a trend I first wrote about in a column for the now defunct Business 2.0 magazine back in March 2006.



Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeepLearningTrucker Part 1

Redhot Future Of IT Part I :Marketing yourself as IT professional

I had promised about the "RedHot IT Future Series" and so we discuss here how you should market yourself EFFECTIVELY as an IT professional in this new (and dangerous) web age! Web is the place where you're a hero today and villain tomorrow. While there are lots of professionals who are active on the web, not all are enjoying a good reputation as they got "personal" with others and got into a cockfight. The passive IT professional has nothing to lose but nothing to gain at all!

I know "marketing" might seem as a greasy term but the idea is to have the truth about you out there. You know you're a good person and your family knows that you're really smart person but the rest of the world doesn't!

So the question is how do I market myself on the web as a true "nouveau IT professional". A guy who companies will be tempted to pick up the phone as say "Hey, we wanna talk with you. Can you fly over to Palo Alto (or Guatemala or Johan…

Avastu Blog is migrating to IdeationCloud.com; 1st Jan 2009 live

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. WITHIN 2 SECONDS YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE NEW HOME OF AVASTU BLOG. PLEASE DO UPDATE AVASTU BLOG'S URL to : http://www.ideationcloud.com on your website.

I will send out emails personally to those who are using my link(s) on their sites.

Thanks much for your co-operation and hope you enjoy the new site and its cool new features :-)




Not like the site is unlive or something..on the contrary, its beginning to get a lot of attention already. Well most of the work is done, you don't have to worry about anything though:

What won't change

Links/Referrals: I will be redirecting the links (all links which you may have cross-posted) to IdeationCloud.com - so you don't have to do anything in all your posts and links. Although, I would urge however that you do change the permalinks, especially on your blogs etc yourselfThis blog is not going away anywhere but within a few months, I will consider discontinuing its usage. I won't obviously do …