Skip to main content

Avastu Blog is migrating to IdeationCloud.com; 1st Jan 2009 live

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. WITHIN 2 SECONDS YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE NEW HOME OF AVASTU BLOG. PLEASE DO UPDATE AVASTU BLOG'S URL to : http://www.ideationcloud.com on your website.

I will send out emails personally to those who are using my link(s) on their sites.

Thanks much for your co-operation and hope you enjoy the new site and its cool new features :-)




Not like the site is unlive or something..on the contrary, its beginning to get a lot of attention already. Well most of the work is done, you don't have to worry about anything though:

What won't change

  • Links/Referrals: I will be redirecting the links (all links which you may have cross-posted) to IdeationCloud.com - so you don't have to do anything in all your posts and links. Although, I would urge however that you do change the permalinks, especially on your blogs etc yourself
  • This blog is not going away anywhere but within a few months, I will consider discontinuing its usage. I won't obviously do double posting, so we'll focus on a lot on Wordpress postings from now onwards
  • I'll contact you personally as well in a combined email post explaining it all
  • The quality of frequency of my blogging: You find me on the Cloud, it just wont land here
  • Mad blogging on: Virtualization, Cloud Computing, as you've always wanted and hopefully enjoyed it.

What will change is:

  • IdeationCloud will focus on a lot of things especially on Visualization, Ideas - you know, the real stuff
  • Participatory work must happen, its not just about my ideas: I will launch a lot of tools for online analysis and eventually would want you all to get and play with it, together.
  • Visualization tools
  • Polls and Surveys
  • Independent reports
  • And lots of cool stuff

Why am I moving out of blogger?

Well it was a great place to hang around but it just didn't give me enough tools to play around with, I wasn't able to optimize it appropriately. Those are big things if you want to keep your audience, I mean , YOU!

So the ideationcloud is hosted at (mt) (MediaTemple) and we'll try to optimize it to the fullest and publish a lot of customized


Hope to see you a lot often at the new site!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Splunk that!

Saw this advert on Slashdot and went on to look for it and found the tour pretty neat to look at. Check out the demo too! So why would I need it? WHY NOT? I'd say. As an organization grows , new services, new data comes by, new logs start accumulating on the servers and it becomes increasingly difficult to look at all those logs, leave alone that you'd have time to read them and who cares about analysis as the time to look for those log files already makes your day, isn't it? Well a solution like this is a cool option to have your sysadmins/operators look at ONE PLACE and thus you don't have your administrators lurking around in your physical servers and *accidentally* messing up things there. Go ahead and give it a shot by downloading it and testing it. I'll give it a shot myself! Ok so I went ahead and installed it. Do this... [root@tarrydev Software]# ./splunk-Server-1.0.1-linux-installer.bin to install and this (if you screw up) [root@tarrydev Software]# /op

Virtualization is hot and sexy!

If this does not convince you to virtualize, believe me, nothing will :-) As you will hear these gorgeous women mention VMware, Akkori, Pano Logic, Microsoft and VKernel. They forgot to mention rackspace ;-) virtualization girl video I'm convinced, aren't you? Check out their site as well!