Skip to main content

Vyatta releases 4.1; New reference guides

I called up Kelly, Vyatta's CEO, last week as I was curious how the guys were doing. Talking to Kelly is real fun, enjoyable and enriching at the same time.

Also it was great to hear that Vyatta was getting nmassively downloaded across the net. Vyatta launched a few years back and trust me in a few years from now, we'll be talking about Vyatta Gear. I am myself beginning to notice a lot more Vyatta communities build up gradually around the globe.



NEW REFERENCE GUIDES

Along with the final release of VC4.1 (see below), we've posted some additional documentation that segments material according to functional area. These new guides should be helpful for people looking for configuration examples.

Command Reference
Provides reference material for all Vyatta commands related to routing, QoS, logging and usage of the Vyatta CLI.

High Availability Reference
Provides command reference material and configuration examples for features providing high availability, such as WAN load balancing, clustering, and VRRP.

Security Reference
Provides command reference material and configuration examples for features providing network security, such as IPsec site-to-site VPN, remote access VPN, firewall, intrusion prevention, and anti-virus.

You can download all new documentation from http://www.vyatta.com/documentation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...