Skip to main content

Teleputing Age: Tandberg and HP team up for Telepresence!

Developed by HP, the HP Halo Video Collaboration Service will be available for the full range of TANDBERG conferencing systems, including TANDBERG Total Telepresence offerings. The service also will be made available for videoconferencing offerings from other vendors.

HP and TANDBERG also are expanding their reseller agreement to give more customers additional flexibility and choice in purchasing collaboration products and services.

With these announcements, made at HP's 2008 Annual Imaging and Printing Conference, HP and TANDBERG are offering customers one of the most robust portfolios of collaboration products and services on the market today, ultimately helping customers increase enterprise-wide productivity and realize total resource savings.

"Our new managed service offering allows traditional video conferencing customers to experience a level of service and return on investment that other vendors only promise," said David Murphy, senior vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. "HP and TANDBERG are offering the industry's highest level of managed services to support video collaboration globally across the enterprise, from a single source."

As part of the HP Halo Video Collaboration Service, video conferencing endpoints will be hosted directly on the Halo Video Exchange Network - a global fiber optic network designed for video collaboration that, unlike other networks, can easily allow company-to-company connections, has true worldwide reach and does not require bandwidth scheduling.



Tandberg Press

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...