Skip to main content

Caringo Gets Open Source Interface for Enterprise Content Management and Archiving


AUSTIN, Texas--Caringo Inc., the leading provider of content storage software, today announced the availability of an interface between CAStor™ and Alfresco, a leading open source alternative for Enterprise Content Management that eliminates the cost and complexity of traditional ECM systems. XeniT, a valued member of the CaringoConnect developer community, built the interface and has registered it at Alfresco Forge.

The interface replaces the traditional file-system based document store of Alfresco enabling all content such as business records and documents to be stored in CAStor. End users store and retrieve documents using the standard Alfresco interfaces with no impact to their behavior. The solution delivers a comprehensive infrastructure to manage business critical content and ensure it is retained and preserved in a compliant storage repository. The interface implemented by XeniT, is in production at one of the largest Belgian insurance companies, which is managing three million documents and growing at a rapid pace.

“Today, organizations recognize that their business critical information and intellectual property are part of the explosion of digital content,” said Mark Goros, Chief Executive Officer at Caringo. “The open source interface between CAStor and Alfresco delivers the most cost-effective solution for managing and archiving file content across the enterprise. It demonstrates the value of the CaringoConnect Developer Program that empowers developers and systems integrators to quickly create solutions that satisfy customer requirements.”

CAStor’s unique software approach creates high-performance and massively scalable clustered storage on any standard server hardware. This provides customers with affordable content storage that can start with 1 terabyte and scale seamlessly into petabytes as your business grows. CAStor’s built-in archive features ensure retention and integrity to meet compliance mandates and come standard with the product for no additional charge. Integration and validation to CAStor is streamlined with CaringoConnect – our free developer program with over 40 members today that, provides a dedicated web portal, tools and documentation for developers.

About Caringo

Caringo Inc. is a leading provider of content storage software and has re-imagined content addressed storage from the ground up with its flagship CAStor product. CAStor is third-generation technology that leverages the customer’s choice of commodity hardware to build a robust storage cluster that dramatically improves the scope and economics of corporate content storage. Founded on the operating principle that things should be made as simple as possible and a customer-first focus, Caringo makes content storage affordable, scalable, fast and easy. More information can be found at www.caringo.com..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...