Skip to main content

SIMtone and Cloud Computing: Unleashes Universal Cloud Computing platform, Wireless zero touch CC Terminal and lots more!



Cloud Computing will hyperccelerate the advance of the convergence of Business and IT. Expect more of such vendors to come out in the open and claim pieces of this ever enlarging pie.


Today, SIMtone Corporation, a privately held company delivering the next cloud computing paradigm, announced the following product and service offerings including the new SNAPbook -- the industry's first wireless-ready, zero-touch portable WiFi SIMtone terminal that can be used to access on-demand any virtual desktop and other cloud computing services powered by the SIMtone platform.
  • SIMtone Delivers Industry's First End-to-End Universal Cloud Computing Platform -- The SIMtone Universal Cloud Computing Platform enables multiple cloud services, such as "PCs in the Cloud," virtual desktops, DaaS and SaaS, or Web services to be hosted and managed simply, securely and inexpensively in any data center, and ubiquitously accessible by end-users with a single user ID, on-demand and on-the-fly, via any device, on any broadband connection, and without requiring a computer at the edge. The SIMtone platform allows network operators and their business customers to quickly build and ubiquitously deliver highly scalable, secure and very low-cost cloud computing services such as virtual desktops, DaaS, SaaS applications, and other Web services to anyone, anywhere, on-demand and on-the-fly.
  • SIMtone Corporation Unveils Virtual Service Platform Software to "Cloud Computing-Enable" Any Data Center -- The new SIMtone VSP allows service providers, enterprise organizations and small- and medium-sized businesses to easily transform existing application and desktop infrastructures into "cloud computing-enabled" infrastructures, highly manageable and securely accessible on-demand and on-the-fly from any LAN, WAN or Internet access point. The SIMtone VSP enables multiple and diverse desktop operating systems and applications hosted in virtual environments, terminal servers, blade PCs as well on existing distributed desktop PCs, to be aggregated, managed, migrated and provisioned as end-users cloud services very simply. SIMtone VSP supports any combination of VMware Server and ESX, Windows XP, Vista and Terminal Server hosts, multi-zone network security, and offers automated, user-activity driven, peak capacity-based guest machine management, load balancing, and failure recovery, radically reducing virtual data centers real-estate and power requirements.
  • SIMtone Corporation Takes Cloud Computing to the Next Level with Launch of First Wireless, "Zero-Touch" Universal Cloud Computing Terminal -- The new SIMtone SNAPbook is the industry's first wireless-ready, zero-touch portable WiFi SIMtone terminal that can be used to access on-demand and on-the-fly any virtual desktop and other cloud computing services powered by the SIMtone platform. The portable SNAPbook is based on the successful Asus Eee PC solid state hardware, and operates without any local operating system or processing, with all computing tasks performed 100 percent in the cloud.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...