Skip to main content

Cloud Computing: 3Tera goes for Global Delivery Model, makes AppLogic ready on all continents!

(Office 2.0 Conference, San Francisco, CA —September 4, 2008)— 3Tera, Inc., the leading innovator of cloud computing technology and utility computing, announces the availability of global cloud services, based on 3Tera's AppLogic grid operating system. Driven by demand from multi-national customers and customers outside the United States, 3Tera has selected partners to offer cloud solutions on four continents and provide redundant online resources worldwide. 3Tera currently has partners and is running in datacenters in seven countries (United States, Japan, Singapore, Argentina, United Kingdom, Netherlands and Serbia) on four continents (North America, South American, Asia, and Europe), with additional resources in South America and Australia soon to be available as well.

The global offering allows customers to choose their location and expand or move to different regions as their business demands, without having to change a single line of code in their applications. Applications close to the customer’s base provides optimal performance by avoiding latency. Also, the ability to duplicate and migrate applications globally eliminates many cross border regulatory issues and replaces lengthy, costly legal processes with simple drag-and-drop operations that can be completed in minutes.

“On-demand services, offered from a single datacenter, lack many of the benefits of cloud computing,” said Barry X Lynn, Chairman and CEO, 3Tera. “The cloud should be in multiple datacenters in order to provide real high availability, redundancy and disaster recovery for users' applications. Furthermore, when those datacenters are dispersed globally, applications can be moved to different geographical locations if and when needed.”

"The nature of our application, a Web 2.0 platform where users from all over the world are uploading GPS data and photos to share with others, will greatly benefit from a global cloud solution,” said Joost Schreve, founder and CEO, EveryTrail, Inc. “With users and trips from over 160 countries, we find it extremely beneficial to be able to run in multiple locations without having to deal with infrastructure and hardware configurations. AppLogic technology and 3Tera’s business model of working with leading datacenter operators has given us the ability to access world-class computing infrastructure. It really removed barriers for our company.”

About 3Tera's AppLogic Grid Operating System
The AppLogic grid operating system is the first commercial platform designed specifically to enable true utility computing. The system converts commodity servers into scalable grids on which users can visually deploy, operate and scale transactional Web applications without any modification of code. At the heart of the system is 3Tera's disposable infrastructure technology that packages applications with the definition of the infrastructure required to run them into self-contained and portable entities, able to run on any grid anywhere in the world. As a result, applications become completely separated from the hardware infrastructure traditionally needed to run them, allowing users to remotely manage their applications through a Web browser and provision resources as needed.

About 3Tera, Inc.
3Tera, Inc. is the innovator of cloud computing technology and utility computing services, simplifying the deployment and scaling of Web applications. Named “Cool Vendor in IT operations, 2008” by Gartner Group and one of the “Top 20 Companies to Watch in 2008” by Linux Magazine, 3tera‘s AppLogic™ grid operating system enables the first true utility computing services to completely remove the cost and complexity associated with infrastructure. AppLogic converts commodity servers into scalable grids on which users can visually operate, deploy and scale transactional Web applications without any modification of code. Software-as-a-Service providers, Web 2.0 companies, enterprises and open source developers can now get new online services quickly to market by utilizing resources from commodity hosting providers on a pay-as-you-go basis, while maintaining complete control of applications including visual operation, scaling and on-demand resource provisioning. For more information, visit www.3tera.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...