Mark had emailed me sometime back after he quit VMlogix and wanted me to keep mum about his plans, but apparently he wants to go open so here you go :-)
So what are they offering?
Lanamark Suite enables service providers to deliver hypervisor-agnostic virtualization services consistently, cost-effectively and non-intrusively across customers. Each service is delivered using a service template called an Accelerator. Lanamark Suite helps service providers:
- Perform hypervisor-agnostic virtualization services by not coupling service offerings to a specific virtualization platform.
- Protect customer data captured for analysis so that customers do not worry about unauthorized parties accessing this data online or offline.
- Differentiate service offerings by providing customers with unique, sophisticated and unbiased service deliverables that cannot be easily replicated by competitors.
- Deliver more value to customers by eliminating non-value-add activities such as complex software deployments and licensing at customer sites.
- Accelerate sales cycles by allowing virtualization services to be initiated for customers without upfront licensing costs.
- Lanamark Portal for managing customer accounts, engagements and assessments online. Using the Lanamark Portal, service providers can also administer teams of consultants, manage Accelerators and acquire licenses for workload analysis in Lanamark Studio.
- Lanamark Explorer for truly agent-less collection of inventory and performance data about application workloads and server resources. Lanamark Explorer is a light-weight and easy-to-install application that does not require licenses upfront. The data it captures is stored in a secure snapshot that can only be unlocked by the service provider performing the assessment.
- Lanamark Studio for rich analysis and reporting on application workloads and server resources. Using templates, service providers can automatically publish powerful charts and reports that map directly onto assessment deliverables, consistently across customer engagements.
Good luck with this venture, Mark. You're on the right track and have the Virtualization 3.0 exactly on its pre-inflection lift!