Skip to main content

Xenocode Introduces New Application Virtualization Technology

I spoke to Kenji, the CEO some days back and we will publish his interview soon!


SEATTLE, WA — May 20, 2008 — Xenocode, a next-generation virtualization company, today launched its flagship offering, Xenocode Virtual Application Studio. Xenocode is a next-generation application virtualization technology that allows Windows, .NET, and Java-based desktop applications to be deployed in standalone executables that run instantly and reliably, anywhere. Xenocode virtualization technology frees organizations from lengthy application setup and configuration, eliminates software conflicts and incompatibilities, and enables instant deployment via portable USB devices, intranets, the Internet, or existing desktop management infrastructure.

"Application virtualization is the next wave of virtualization technology, with compelling performance, flexibility and economic advantages over traditional hardware virtualization," Kenji Obata, Xenocode founder and chief executive officer. "With Xenocode's application virtualization technology, organizations can largely eliminate the enormous costs, risks and limitations associated with traditional desktop application deployment and enable a new level of application portability."

Xenocode Application Virtualization: Frees Applications from the Underlying OS

Xenocode specializes in application virtualization, a sophisticated technology that separates applications from the underlying operating systems on which they execute. Unlike traditional hardware virtualization solutions that require an entire copy of the host operating system, Xenocode's lightweight application virtualization technology emulates core operating system features required for application execution. As a result, applications deployed with Xenocode have essentially the same performance characteristics as native executables. “Xenocoded” applications require no setup, configuration, clients, or device drivers, are isolated from external DLL and dependency conflicts, and run properly on Windows Vista and locked-down desktops. Xenocode-virtualized applications can be easily deployed on USB devices, corporate intranets, the Internet, or existing desktop management infrastructure software such as Microsoft SMS, LANDesk, BMC, and ZENWorks. For example, using Xenocode, users can:

  • Run legacy applications without errors or UAC prompts on Windows Vista and locked-down desktops.
  • Use otherwise incompatible applications side-by-side, or multiple versions of a given application, such as Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007, simultaneously.
  • Carry applications on portable USB keys, available for instant execution on laptops or kiosks along with all user data and settings.

Xenocode Virtual Application Studio is an authoring environment that allows IT professionals to easily convert their existing Windows, .NET, and Java-based applications into virtualized applications ready for instant deployment. Xenocode-enabled applications are run on the Xenocode Virtual Operating System, a lightweight micro-kernel embedded within each virtualized application executable, allowing virtual applications to be executed without any separate client install, device drivers, or player software.

Xenocode Virtual Application Studio is available today. For more information or to download a free evaluation, please visit www.xenocode.com.

About Xenocode

Xenocode develops next-generation virtualization technologies that make applications available instantly and reliably, anywhere. The Xenocode Virtual Application Studio authoring environment and Xenocode Virtual Operating System allow IT professionals to deploy applications in lightweight, pre-configured virtual executables that run instantly on any Windows desktop via intranets, the Internet, USB keys, or existing desktop management infrastructure. Xenocode was founded in 2002 and consists of a team of veteran Microsoft engineers and academic researchers. Today, its customers include thousands of industry-leading consulting, financial, government, military, and technology companies, and tens of thousands of independent IT professionals. Xenocode is based in Seattle, Washington.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...