Skip to main content

Surgient gets a new VP and also bags the Red Herring award!


AUSTIN, Texas—May 19, 2008—Surgient, the leading provider of virtual lab management software used to automate and manage the dynamic data center, today announced the appointment of Craig Parks to vice president of marketing.



Parks will be responsible for building on Surgient’s long-term leadership position in the virtualization market and for expanding the company’s market footprint. He and his growing marketing team will also drive product marketing, corporate communications and channel program strategies.



“Surgient’s growth is matching the exponential pace of the broader virtualization market due to the rapid adoption of our heterogeneous and scalable enterprise solutions,” said Tim Lucas, president and CEO of Surgient. “Craig’s diverse background and leadership comes at a time when we are experiencing dramatic customer traction by enterprise IT organizations within the Global 2000. We are pleased to have Craig join our team to help drive our ongoing growth.”



Parks brings more than 25 years of marketing experience to Surgient, having helped build high-growth technology companies throughout his career. Most recently, he served as chief marketing officer of Biophysical Corporation, where he introduced the company‘s brand, drove its market visibility and expanded its channel strategy. Previously, he founded Socket Public Relations/Austin, a leading technology communications firm, where he led the overall operations of the firm and provided strategic counsel to technology clients in the enterprise software, hardware and Internet industries.


AUSTIN, Texas—May 19, 2008—Surgient, the leading provider of virtual lab management software used to automate and manage the dynamic data center, today announced that Red Herring magazine has honored the company as one of the top 100 private technology companies in North America. Red Herring judges selected Surgient for the 2008 Red Herring 100 North America award after considering more than 800 companies and following a careful review of Surgient’s business model, management, key alliances, customers, products and services.

Red Herring’s annual lists of top private companies are an important part of the company’s tradition of identifying new and innovative technology companies and entrepreneurs. Companies like Google, eBay and Skype were spotted in their early days by Red Herring editors, and touted as leaders that would change the way we live and work.

“We have experienced tremendous success in terms of the adoption of our products and growing revenues, but awards such as the Red Herring 100 demonstrate how we are delivering true business value to our customers,” said Tim Lucas, president and CEO of Surgient. “This validation clearly shows our leadership within the virtualization market and highlights how our products provide strategic benefits across many aspects of IT operations.”




After substantial growth, SocketPR was acquired by Hill & Knowlton (A WPP Company: NASDAQ:WPPGY), one of the top three global communications firms. Following the acquisition, Parks served as executive vice president and general manager for Hill & Knowlton’s tech practice under the brand Blanc & Otus/Austin. Previously, Parks held positions as vice president of corporate communications and investor relations for Boundless Technologies, and as manager of marketing

communications for The Continuum Company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...