Skip to main content

Computer Lab International Announces Support for Citrix XenDesktop Virtualization Platform with New Desktop Appliance



Computer Lab International (CLI), a twenty-year veteran in thin client computing, today announced support for Citrix XenDesktop™ -- a desktop virtualization solution. Each of CLI's desktop appliance platforms will support XenDesktop including CLI XP Embedded, Windows CE Embedded and Linux Embedded desktop appliances

Placentia, CA (PRWEB) May 20, 2008 -- Computer Lab International (CLI), a twenty-year veteran in thin client computing, today announced support for Citrix XenDesktop™ -- a desktop virtualization solution. Each of CLI's desktop appliance platforms will support XenDesktop including CLI XP Embedded, Windows CE Embedded and Linux Embedded desktop appliances. This tight integration with XenDesktop allows organizations to offer the best user experience combined with the unprecedented reliability and manageability of CLI desktop appliances.

Computer Lab International is a member of the Citrix Ready™ initiative which is designed to highlight the best 3rd party products in Citrix environments. In addition, CLI is partnered with Citrix in the Citrix Ready Desktop Appliance program to help deliver a superior desktop experience in conjunction with Citrix XenDesktop in a VDI environment.

The CLI XP Embedded platform products provide robust support for security sensitive environments by supporting the latest ICA Desktop Receiver client, Active Directory, smart card and biometric authentication, in addition to many other authentication methods. CLI Windows CE thin clients offer unprecedented ease of use and manageability. CLI Linux Embedded thin clients offer the flexibility and royalty-free, industry standard Linux with flexible configuration options. Integrated VESA mounting is included on all ST and MT series products which allows tight physical integration with most LCD monitors. Also, industrial strength mounting options are available for hospital, warehouse and other environments that require a Zero-Footprint
device.

All of CLI hardware platforms support a green environment with most using less than 8 watts of power -- some of the most energy efficient devices on the market (using less than 1/10th of the energy compared to a PC) -- with less to recycle and RoHS compliant components ensure no release of toxins in the environment. With twenty years in the thin client space, CLI knows how to engineer, manufacture and support thin clients. CLI provides our customers responsive, USA based, support and logistics services.

Based on recent IDC reports, thin clients and desktop appliances are projected to represent an ever increasing amount of the desktop market. Much of this growth is due to virtual desktop technologies such as XenDesktop. The ever maturing virtual desktop market is driving enterprises to replace traditional desktop PCs with like thin clients


Here for more news

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...