Skip to main content

Caringo Provides Clustered Storage Solution for CMWare!


AUSTIN, Texas, May 20th, 2008 – Caringo Inc., a leading provider of content storage software that delivers clustered storage infrastructure for active and archive content, today announced that its CAStor™ software was selected by CMWare as the primary storage solution behind the company’s skyTuneZ service, a hosted service that allows users to store, access and share their personal media files from the web and their mobile phones.

Available through a number of distribution channels and directly to consumers, skyTuneZ allows customers to upload and access rich media files including music, photos and video from anywhere, at any time. The service needs to provide reliable and continuously available access to stored files that can easily and affordably scale as demand dictates. CMWare chose CAStor based on its proven capability to meet these requirements. The CAStor storage cluster, with its native HTTP interface is ideally suited for Internet service offerings and Web 2.0 companies that require a simple and affordable storage infrastructure to support their business models.

“We were looking to create a centralized storage space where skyTuneZ users could upload and host their media files and with CAStor we have a level of control over our customers’ data that we simply wouldn’t have had with outsourced storage services,” said Jim Ryan, CMWare CEO. “CAStor installed quickly and easily, and will allow us to scale as demand of skyTuneZ grows. It was simply the right storage solution for us.”

“Companies, like CMWare, are finding that CAStor is an ideal way to solve their needs for active content serving while minimizing the costs and management issues of traditional storage systems,” said Mark Goros, CEO of Caringo. “Implementation is fast and easy as is increasing storage capacity. Companies retain complete control of their content while allowing them to focus their time and energies on core competencies.”

CAStor runs on standard, commodity server hardware, which enables companies to implement a cost-effective clustered storage solution. It delivers the performance needed to serve large communities of users accessing large collections of active content with the self-managing and self-healing functionality that minimizes administrative overhead.

About Caringo
Caringo Inc. is a leading provider of content storage software and has re-imagined content addressed storage from the ground up with its flagship CAStor product. CAStor is third-generation technology that leverages the customer’s choice of commodity hardware for implementing a robust storage cluster that dramatically improves the scope and economics of corporate content storage. Founded on the operating principle that things should be made as simple as possible and a customer-first focus, Caringo makes content storage affordable, scalable, fast and easy. More information can be found at http://www.caringo.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...