VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit
VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit (VDDK) is an open API / SDK to develop applications that create or access VMware virtual disk storage. VDDK supports virtual disk files (VMDKs) for both VI (Virtual Infrastructure Products) as well as Hosted products (Workstation, Server, Player).
And lets take a look at what we have at hand:
The Virtual Disk Development Kit is a collection of C libraries, code samples, utilities, and documentation to help you create or access VMware virtual disk storage. The kit includes:
- The Virtual Disk library, a set of C function calls to manipulate virtual disk (VMDK) files.
- C++ code samples that you can build with either Visual Studio or the GNU C compiler.
- Virtual Disk Manager utility to manipulate offline VMDK files on Windows or Linux (clone, create, relocate, rename, grow, shrink, or defragment).
- DiskMount utility to access files and file systems in virtual disks on Windows or Linux.
- Documentation about the Virtual Disk library and the command-line utilities.
Go get the kit here!