Skip to main content

Verari Systems Announces Industry’s First High Capacity Blade-Based NAS and iSCSI Storage Appliance


“With the SB5165XL StorageServer NAS/iSCSI appliance, Verari’s Storage Group is demonstrating its commitment to continuous innovation and providing customers with an alternative to existing NAS solutions,” said Deni Connor, principal analyst, Storage Strategies NOW. “Verari is delivering industry-leading capacity and energy efficiency with the added benefit of investment protection by delivering new types of solutions for its BladeRack 2 X-Series platforms.”

This high capacity blade-based NAS and iSCSI storage appliance for the Verari Systems BladeRack® 2 XL platform is a powerful enabler for storage consolidation and as an effective alternative for enterprises to consolidate server virtualization resources providing a dramatic improvement in cost of ownership. The iSCSI capabilities of the SB5165XL StorageServer simplify the migration of data resident in server blades to networked storage while the StorageServer’s NAS-based file services are complementary to its IP network-based services. Applications such as Web 2.0, social networking and media achieving, that require file sharing are ideally suited for the SB5165XL, which can deliver significant ease of use, provide heterogeneous data sharing and enable organizations to automate and simplify their data management.

Purpose-built for the Verari Systems BladeRack 2 XL platform and FOREST containerized data center solution, the SB5165XL StorageServer appliance consists of an SB1165 StorageServer blade and up to two SB1056 disk blades, providing up to 24TBs of RAID 6 protected capacity. A single platform can house up to 24 StorageServers delivering 576 terabytes of unified storage in just two data center floor tiles while a FOREST container solution boasts up to 12 petabytes of capacity. These configurations make the SB5165XL StorageServer the densest and most energy efficient NAS/iSCSI storage appliance in the industry, with up to 50 percent savings in energy use and 77 percent better floor space utilization then traditional storage systems.



Press Release

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...