Focus on security is increasing. The more flexible and easier it gets to get to each other, the easier it gets to get to each other!
I'll discuss my discussions with Greg Ness, VP at Blue Lane in another post but do note some important things in life.
As Tom Kyte says : Hard disks will fail
A seasoned security guy will say: Your security willbe breached unless you do something about it.
For now erad this news, SSL VPN will be used more and more as folks get mobile. This is yet another trend where several desktop virtualization and security firms ought to prepare for!
March 6, 2008 - WatchGuard® Technologies, a global provider of network security solutions, today unveiled new SSL VPN remote access appliances designed to give remote and mobile workers highly secure connectivity to their corporate networks. The WatchGuard SSL 1000 and WatchGuard SSL 500 offer an array of enterprise-class remote access features optimised for today's diverse range of mobile devices, platforms and network authentication options.
"Today, more than ever, mobility is the key to increased productivity and fundamental to global business practices," said Eric Aarrestad, Vice President of Marketing at WatchGuard. "With mobility comes the challenge of managing identities and keeping data secure. With WatchGuard SSL VPN solutions, customers can continue to provide remote and mobile workers with strong, secure access to their critical data without having to compromise on security or ease of use."
The WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 utilize web browsers or thin clients, end-point integrity checking, network interface control, as well as virtual desktops and session cleanup to deliver business applications right to the user for maximum productivity. The WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 deliver the most comprehensive range of authentication, identity management and security features along with support for the broadest number of devices and access options.
Best known for award-winning unified threat management (UTM) network security solutions, WatchGuard is leveraging its security experience and advanced technology to deliver powerful SSL VPN appliances that can work side-by-side with its UTM products, or be deployed in a mixed, heterogeneous network environment.
Key Features & Benefits
Multiple features make the new WatchGuard SSL VPN appliances ideal for mobile-rich, heterogeneous application environments. Key features include:
* Clientless SSL VPN Access - eliminates hassles of having to install proprietary software on every client device, while giving employees full remote access to all their applications
* Strong Authentication - allows administrators to use SMS and software-based two-factor authentication, as well as 14 additional methods of authentication, including token support for RSA, VASCO and VeriSign, which builds on IT investment protection for superior network security
* Single Sign On - allows users to seamlessly access information without having to repeatedly re-authenticate, which reduces help desk issues and enables users to be more productive
* Federated Identity - allows for sophisticated environments, such as business-to-business networks or company/departmental relationships, to give users seamless access to multiple or disparate resources
* Endpoint Integrity - examines every user device before it connects to the network, which reduces risk and provides for contiguous integrity and enforcement of security policies
* Administrative & Management features - with real-time scanning capabilities, automatic session cleanup, ActiveX and Java client support, as well as consolidated and comprehensive audit capabilities, administrators will appreciate having full control over remote workers
Pricing & Availability
The WatchGuard SSL 1000 and 500 appliances will be available globally from WatchGuard resellers in 30 days. The WatchGuard SSL 1000 with a 10 user license lists for £4,825 and the WatchGuard SSL 500 with a 10 user license is £2,850. As an incentive, WatchGuard will include its new SSL VPN appliances as part of its "Trade Up" program that gives generous discounts to WatchGuard customers upgrading from legacy systems, as well as to customers with competitive products who are looking for a superior price/performance alternative.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
Since 1996, WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. has been the advanced technology leader of network security solutions, providing mission-critical security to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. The WatchGuard Firebox® X family of wired and wireless unified threat management appliances and WatchGuard SSL VPN remote access solutions provide extensible network security and unparalleled network visibility, management and control. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity® Service, an innovative support, maintenance, and education program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle and has offices serving North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit http://www.watchguard.com/.
Original link (Thank you, Hollie)