Skip to main content

My take on MIT's top 10 emerging technologies

Modeling surprise: They have long been working on this, I am yet to see when they will display their prototype.

My take: Dymystification of Dimensions and Interactive visualizations will lead to such tools. when disruption-aware pattern based monitoring will start feeding that engine, we will get data and reality-tools will emerge from all over the place.

Emergence of tools as such will in fact curb and contain the surprise elements by signalling about their occurrence in the future, in the present.

Probalility chips: Totally agree with Krishna.

My take: We need singular multi-tasking appliances and we will see innovation of chips. Also watch out for my other articles where I'll suggest why AMD may eventually have an upper hand, also there will be hoards of chipmakers (there are already).

Offline web apps:

My take: I call them "Optimizable Internet Appliances". We are looking at the Appliance 2.0 breed today. Software appliances, that is still packaged and carried across by all of us. Internet Appliances, the Appliances 3.0 stage will be indeed the connection between the web (via browser) and a device (via locationally reconfigurable hubs - meaning thin layer of SSO/SSL/VPN and session based management and you are up and running as-you-relax)

Alternative Fuels development - Cellulose enzymes, corn, maize, ...water eventually.

I am expecting eventually breaking up the H2 from the water and creating energy for everyone.

Reality mining - Real world web (Gartner's prediction)

My take - Real-Time Analysis. Today we rely, me heavily, on our "senses" to feel and understand the person on the other side. We will soon experience a lot of collisive convergence of human behaviour patterns and how they will "expose" ourselves. Scary.

Others are fun to read as well. See them all here...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeepLearningTrucker Part 1

Avastu Blog is migrating to IdeationCloud.com; 1st Jan 2009 live

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. WITHIN 2 SECONDS YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE NEW HOME OF AVASTU BLOG. PLEASE DO UPDATE AVASTU BLOG'S URL to : http://www.ideationcloud.com on your website.

I will send out emails personally to those who are using my link(s) on their sites.

Thanks much for your co-operation and hope you enjoy the new site and its cool new features :-)




Not like the site is unlive or something..on the contrary, its beginning to get a lot of attention already. Well most of the work is done, you don't have to worry about anything though:

What won't change

Links/Referrals: I will be redirecting the links (all links which you may have cross-posted) to IdeationCloud.com - so you don't have to do anything in all your posts and links. Although, I would urge however that you do change the permalinks, especially on your blogs etc yourselfThis blog is not going away anywhere but within a few months, I will consider discontinuing its usage. I won't obviously do …

Redhot Future Of IT Part I :Marketing yourself as IT professional

I had promised about the "RedHot IT Future Series" and so we discuss here how you should market yourself EFFECTIVELY as an IT professional in this new (and dangerous) web age! Web is the place where you're a hero today and villain tomorrow. While there are lots of professionals who are active on the web, not all are enjoying a good reputation as they got "personal" with others and got into a cockfight. The passive IT professional has nothing to lose but nothing to gain at all!

I know "marketing" might seem as a greasy term but the idea is to have the truth about you out there. You know you're a good person and your family knows that you're really smart person but the rest of the world doesn't!

So the question is how do I market myself on the web as a true "nouveau IT professional". A guy who companies will be tempted to pick up the phone as say "Hey, we wanna talk with you. Can you fly over to Palo Alto (or Guatemala or Johan…