Marathon Technologies Launches World’s First Fault-Tolerant, High Availability Software for Server Virtualization
1. Companies can now reliably run production applications in virtual machines, gaining the benefits of virtualization across a much broader range of applications
2. It will now be practical to make high availability and DR a standard part of the IT infrastructure for midsize and larger companies
3. A key component is in place to accelerate the next wave of server virtualization adoption
Enabling Virtualization of Production Applications
To date, most of the applications that have been migrated to virtual servers remain in test and development or other non-production environments. This is due to a variety of reasons, primarily performance concerns and a lack of true high availability. everRun VM delivers reliable protection for virtual workloads by providing redundant virtual machines and synchronized mirroring of the whole system. The integration of XenServer’s superior “bare-metal” performance and everRun VM’s unique architecture gives IT professionals the confidence to virtualize business critical and other production applications. “
Making Availability Mainstream
Availability solutions have remained a niche application because they are complex and expensive. Through tight integration with Citrix XenServer, everRun VM breaks through the availability bottleneck by providing:
· Completely Automated VM Availability - everRun VM automates VM availability setup and configuration - usually deployed in thirty minutes or less. It also automates fault and policy management – it literally maintains itself.
· Flexibility to Dial-in Availability by Virtual Machine – everRun VM lets IT administrators select the availability protection for each virtual machine (VM) so they can match the right availability level for each application running in a VM. The end result – optimal availability price/performance because companies only pay for the protection they need.
everRun VM removes the burden of availability for IT professionals and makes automated HA and DR practical for midsized companies.
“Based on our research, high availability solutions, including clustering software and proprietary hardware, have never exceeded 15 percent deployment rates,” said John Humphreys, Program Vice President, Virtualization Software for IDC. “The reason: they are too complex to setup and too complex to manage. The combination of easy to use virtualization and availability software could make availability a standard component in any midsize or Fortune 500 infrastructure. everRun VM has the potential to bring availability to the masses.”
Accelerating Adoption of Server Virtualization
According to IDC, server virtualization has achieved a less than 10 percent deployment rate on x86 servers to date. everRun VM can help accelerate the adoption of server virtualization by allowing:
· Enterprises to deploy virtualization across a much broader range of applications
· Midsize companies to use virtualization as a tool for automated availability and DR
“everRun VM presents a dramatically more reliable approach to virtual server availability through selectable, automated, FT-class availability,“ said
everRun VM is currently in beta. General availability is scheduled for April.