Skip to main content

Embotics Selected to Join Microsoft Startup Accelerator Program

Ottawa, March 24, 2008 – Embotics, the Virtualization Lifecycle Management Company™, today announced its membership in the Microsoft Startup Accelerator Program. Stewarded by the Emerging Business Team (EBT) at Microsoft Corp., the program is designed to connect high-potential startups committed to the Microsoft platform to an extensive support network. This program provides access to Microsoft people and programs, guidance on future directions and support to accelerate their success.

“Being a part of the Microsoft Startup Accelerator Program validates our position in the virtualization lifecycle management and automation market,” said Jay Litkey, CEO and founder of Embotics. “Microsoft’s selection of Embotics for this program further propels our success and growth with current customers, as well as solidifies our stance in the industry as a company to watch.”

Designed specifically for virtual environments, Embotics’ V-Commander complements and extends existing virtualization management tools like Microsoft’s System Center Virtual Machine Manager. Datacenter managers and administrators use Embotics to prevent virtual sprawl, automate virtual machine (VM) lifecycle management and provide effective and auditable control.

“Our goal is to help emerging businesses succeed by accelerating the company’s technological advancements and market awareness,” said Yi-Jian Ngo, Emerging Business Team Portfolio Manager, Microsoft Corp. “To do this we identify a number of technology startups each year that demonstrate market promise and the ability to boost Microsoft’s overall value of products and services for its customers. Embotics complements our strategic product direction and extends the value of our virtualization solutions for our customers.”

Microsoft is committed to serving as a valuable technology and business partner for emerging startups and their investors. Companies are selected to join the program based on their innovation, marketability, growth potential, funding, platform decision and strategic importance to Microsoft. These companies receive customized engagement plans designed to support their software development and increase market visibility. The program is now open to interested startups, which can apply via a profiling process outlined at the Microsoft Startup Zone at http://www.microsoftstartupzone.com.

The Microsoft EBT evaluates hundreds of technology startups each year to identify those with the strongest potential to succeed in the market, shape the industry's future, and enhance the overall value of Microsoft products and services for customers. The Microsoft Startup Accelerator Program shines the spotlight on some of the most promising startups and provides good examples of how startups can work successfully with Microsoft.

About Embotics

Embotics Corporation is the Virtualization Lifecycle Management™ Company focused on maximizing the business benefits of virtual servers for its customers. Embotics flagship product, V-Commander, protects against VM sprawl by authorizing, controlling, managing, securing and tracking all VM assets, online or offline, throughout their lifecycle. Embotics is headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. For more information, please visit www.embotics.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...