Skip to main content

VMware grows Q4 Revenues 80% to $412 Million; Increased 2007 Revenues to $1.33 Billion

VMware, Inc. (NYSE: VMW - News) the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter, today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and full fiscal year 2007:

* Total revenues for the fourth quarter were $412 million, an increase of
80% compared to the year-ago quarter.
* GAAP operating income for the fourth quarter was $76 million compared
to $37 million in the fourth quarter of 2006. Non-GAAP operating
income was $108 million, representing 26% of fourth-quarter revenues
and an increase of 72% over the year-ago quarter.
* GAAP net income for the quarter was $78 million, or $0.19 per diluted
share, compared to $31 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, in the
year-ago quarter. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was
$103 million, or $0.26 per diluted share. GAAP and non-GAAP net income
for the fourth quarter of 2007 include a $0.01 per diluted share
benefit from a change in tax rate.
* Total revenues for the full fiscal year 2007 were $1.33 billion, an
increase of 88% compared to 2006.
* GAAP operating income for the full fiscal year 2007 was $235 million
compared to $121 million in 2006. Non-GAAP operating income for the
year was $338 million, representing 26% of full-year revenues and an
increase of 77% over 2006.
* GAAP net income for the year was $218 million or $0.61 per diluted
share, compared to $86 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, in 2006.
Non-GAAP net income was $295 million or $0.82 per diluted share.


"VMware executed at a remarkable pace in 2007 as customer interest and partner attention increased several fold," said Diane Greene, president and chief executive officer of VMware. "We begin 2008 with more than 100,000 customers, 500 technology and consulting partners, nearly 10,000 go-to-market partners, and more than 5,000 employees. As others begin to enter the market, VMware and our partners are continuing to broaden and deepen our highly reliable end-to-end virtualization solutions.


Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...