StackSafe, Inc., a provider of pre-production staging and testing solutions for IT operations teams, announced today the immediate availability of StackSafe™ Test Center. Test Center is the first virtualized staging and testing solution for IT Operations teams that improves availability and resiliency through enhanced software infrastructure testing. StackSafe's solution directly addresses incomplete and ineffective IT Operations testing and analysis of changes to multi-tiered software infrastructure stacks.
"If IT Operations teams can test and certify changes to software infrastructures before they go live, then IT services become more available and resilient as well as more repeatable and better documented," said Donna Scott, vice president and distinguished analyst at Gartner. "Comprehensive and efficient staging, testing and analysis are essential to achieving optimum levels of availability."
IT operations teams presently employ a variety of less than optimal approaches to testing changes before they are put into production-ranging from "smoke" testing of live systems to simply making the change with a "patch and pray" approach. With the release of Test Center, these teams now have the ability to quickly and easily create virtual copies of their software infrastructure and to test changes on these copies before they impact production environments.
"In today's fast-paced global economy, organizations are expected to make changes at an increasingly rapid rate while limiting the amount of downtime they experience," said Loren Burnett, president and CEO of StackSafe. "Test Center enables IT Operations teams to test changes at the speed of business while significantly reducing downtime."
- Reduces the uncertainty and downtime associated with IT changes, thus avoiding costly application and system failure
- Enables pre-production changes to be made safely before they are implemented into the live environment
- Helps IT Operations teams to understand the potential impacts that changes could have on their environment-before they impact production systems
- Enables IT Operations to be more responsive to dynamic and changing business process requirements
- Improves confidence in IT changes, while reducing the percentage of time spent on testing and staging-which can significantly lower IT operating costs
More at StackSafe