Skip to main content

Moonwalk Awarded GSA Certification



Milton, Australia – January 22, 2008 – Moonwalk Inc., the Australian developer of all-inclusive data management and protection software, today announced that it has been awarded General Services Administration (GSA) certification, allowing the company to offer its enterprise data management system for direct sale to U.S. government agencies.

GSA is the premier procurement source for federal government employees and agencies. GSA works closely with federal agencies and industry partners to establish long-term, government-wide contracts that allow customers in the public sector to acquire a vast array of products and services directly from commercial suppliers. GSA certification is a process instituted by the government that requires potential government vendors to be recognized as credible and established.

“By earning GSA certification, we are now positioned to offer government agencies the ability to purchase and implement Moonwalk software into their network computing environments without having to jump through extra hoops or cut through extensive red tape,” said Peter Harvey, CEO of Moonwalk. “Completing the certification process is a win-win situation for us and government organizations who need our services. We benefit by appearing on various schedules saying that we are approved to supply government organizations and these agencies benefit from shorter lead-times, optimal convenience and lowest available pricing.”

Moonwalk software delivers data management with metadata-level precision for all information on network storage, servers and clients. It proactively migrates, copies and moves data according to user-defined rules and policies based on criteria such as age, size, file type, file name, file creator and many more granular classification rules. Moonwalk operates across and between all major file systems, including Windows, UNIX, Linux and Netware environments, and all primary and secondary storage environments. Its stateless architecture requires no additional overhead and is completely transparent to users and applications, with no introduced points of potential failure to ensuring maximum performance and availability. With Moonwalk, applying even one simple rule of moving all files one year or older onto secondary storage can result in an immediate halving in primary storage; applying additional rules typically results in significantly higher capacity savings in some cases in the order of 90 percent.

About Moonwalk
Moonwalk, founded in 2002, has introduced the most all-inclusive data management and protection software on Earth. Moonwalk solutions are available for all major operating systems and support most storage platforms. Early adopters of Moonwalk can be found in banking, healthcare, services, distribution, education, government, research and development, aerospace, telecommunications and broadcasting industries. More information can be found at www.moonwalkinc.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...