Skip to main content

FORTISPHERE UNVEILS VIRTUAL MACHINE MANAGEMENT SUITE TO ENABLE ‘SMART’ VIRTUALIZATION GROWTH

Fortisphere Virtual Essentials™ Provides Organizations with Control, Visibility and Policy-Enforced Best Practices

Chantilly, Va.—January 14, 2007—Fortisphere, a provider of enterprise virtual machine lifecycle management software, today announced the general availability of Fortisphere Virtual Essentials™, a virtual machine (VM) lifecycle management solution suite. Providing organizations with cradle-to-grave identification, tracking, reporting and management of online and offline virtual machines, Virtual Essentials delivers unprecedented visibility and control throughout enterprise virtual infrastructures. This new solution is based on Fortisphere’s pioneering Smart Growth™ approach to rapidly expanding virtual infrastructures through greater visibility, granular control, and policy-enforced best practices.

“The continued growth in the enterprise adoption of virtualization technologies is surfacing operational challenges in many areas, but chief among the concerns identified by our research is managing virtual machine sprawl,” said Cameron Haight, research vice president, Gartner, Inc. “This, along with the need for improved virtual machine visibility will increasingly motivate IT organizations to begin to look for tools that can reduce virtualization management complexity (and potential exposure) while maximizing virtualization administrator efficiency.”

Leveraging Fortisphere’s InsideTrack™ Technology, the Virtual Essentials product suite delivers IT staff real-time purview, correlative analysis and policy-based control of all virtual machine configuration, network communications, services, state, and system resources.

The Fortisphere Virtual Essentials suite is comprised of two products —Fortisphere Virtual Insight™ and Fortisphere Virtual Foresight™. Both solutions provide multi-platform support for VMware, Citrix XenSource and Microsoft, working across desktops, workstations and servers.

Fortisphere Virtual Insight™

Fortisphere Virtual Insight is an operational lifecycle management product that enables enterprises to inspect, tag, track and report on all VMs as they move throughout preproduction and production environments. Fortisphere Virtual Insight offers organizations a number of new features for securely managing their virtual infrastructure, including:

  • Configuration Introspection—Provides full purview into every VM, including applications, patches, hotfixes, and network configuration.
  • Virtual Machine Tagging—Enables users to embed a “virtual machine fingerprint” into every VM with a complete list of business attributes such as owner, functional group, and trust level.
  • Virtual Lineage™—Provides a visual lineage of each VM, including all parent, sibling and child relationships. .
  • Reporting—Generates more than 50 out-of-the box reports on the status of the virtual infrastructure.
  • Audit Trail—Records all system actions with a detailed history of changes and transactions, including integration support for log management applications.

Fortisphere Virtual Foresight™

Fortisphere Virtual Foresight is a policy lifecycle management product that provides out-of-the-box best practices designed to manage and enforce VM policies. With Fortisphere Virtual Foresight, organizations have access to a number of features, including:

  • Migratory Policy Enforcement—Embedded policy management ensures enforcement travels with the VM throughout the lifecycle, regardless of origin, organization, location, owner or state.
  • Centralized Policy Store—Provides organizations with a central repository of operations, security, network, performance and management best practices.
  • Policy Inheritance—Ensures parent policies are automatically applied to clones and copies.
  • Manual and Automated Response—With built-in and extensible best practice policies, users can define a wide range of responses, from informational notifications to automated actions.
  • Correlative Policy Engine—Provides correlative analysis of virtual machine and hypervisor data to evaluate risks and compliance violations in a business relevant context. The powerful engine leverages real-time application, configuration, and network information for policy application, evaluation and enforcement.

“As organizations move from deploying fixed physical assets to virtual machines, IT personnel need managerial control and real-time visibility into virtual infrastructures,” said Michael Harper, president and CEO, Fortisphere. “Fortisphere Virtual Essentials is the first VM lifecycle management solution to offer the combined benefits of real-time control and visibility from within the actual virtual machine regardless of where it resides. As a result, organizations can now confidently accelerate VM growth, realizing the benefits of reduced computing costs and more efficient utilization of their physical IT infrastructure.”

For a complete list of features and benefits for both Fortisphere Virtual Insight and Fortisphere Virtual Foresight, please visit http://www.fortisphere.com/products.

About Fortisphere

Fortisphere is a provider of Virtual Machine Lifecycle Management software that ensures virtualized IT infrastructure environments operate efficiently, effectively and securely. Founded in October 2006, Fortisphere is pioneering the concept of Smart Growth, a way to facilitate rapid expansion of virtual infrastructures through greater visibility, granular control and best practices. Fortisphere is a venture-backed company headquartered in the greater Washington, DC area, with offices in Boston, MA, Glenwood, MD, Chantilly, VA. More information about Fortisphere is located online at www.fortisphere.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...