Skip to main content

Garter Data Center: Brocade presents Data Center Fabric Architecture

Another *.ppt or is it really worthwhile something. I on one side am excited with all these developments, but I just hope that consumers are seeing this as the beginning on an era and decide wisely!

The new Brocade DCF architecture provides several tangible and significant advantages compared to alternative approaches, including:

    -- The Brocade DCF is a policy-based, application-driven architecture. It
adapts and responds to the changing needs for managing applications and
data. It also helps ensure that important data center services -- such
as data security, encryption, backup, and replication -- are
automatically available based on defined policies, and that they do not
encumber the infrastructure when not in use.
-- The Brocade DCF simplifies and optimizes important new technologies
such as server virtualization. The vast majority of virtual servers
connect to networked storage, and Brocade is using its deep storage
networking experience to optimize and automate these connections,
helping customers to simplify their environments and operations.
-- The Brocade DCF provides customers with investment protection. It
enables customers to leverage their existing IT resources -- including
servers, storage, and SANs -- seamlessly incorporating them into the
evolving data center fabric. As a result, the Brocade DCF maximizes
cost savings while minimizing disruption and risk.
-- The Brocade DCF provides customers with unparalleled choices. Brocade
is working with industry-leading storage, server, and systems partners
to ensure maximum compatibility and choice for customers within the
Brocade DCF architecture. Customers can enjoy best-in-class solutions
for servers, storage, protocols, virtualization techniques, and
management tools.

CNN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...