Skip to main content

Wyse TCX Multimedia Receives Citrix Ready Designation

Wyse Technology, the global leader in thin computing, today announced that its recently announced Wyse TCX Multimedia software has received the coveted Citrix Ready(tm) designation. This verification process confirms that Wyse TCX Multimedia has successfully met stringent testing and criteria set by Citrix.

Wyse TCX Multimedia delivers multimedia capabilities across Citrix's Application Delivery Infrastructure products, including Citrix Presentation Server(tm) and Citrix XenDesktop(tm), for Wyse thin clients. Wyse TCX Multimedia is the first software product that extends Citrix ICA's powerful functionality to include rich full screen, full frame rate multimedia display on select thin clients, making this environment suitable for a whole new class of knowledge workers with more demanding needs for their application delivery model.

"Our partnership with Wyse continues to extend what's technically possible at a desktop level," said David Jones, corporate vice president, business development, for Citrix. "Wyse TCX Multimedia really showcases the versatility of thin clients when integrated with our application delivery platform and supports Citrix's ongoing Multimedia Virtualization Initiative. These new multimedia capabilities will bring users around to thinking about virtualized desktops as a no-compromise approach to enterprise computing."

"This designation from Citrix is a further proof-point on how this partnership continues to extend and enhance the capabilities of our thin computing devices," said Jeff McNaught, Chief Marketing Officer for Wyse Technology. "Our TCX Multimedia software adds an entirely new level of sophistication on thin clients running the Citrix ICA protocol. These new multimedia capabilities help eliminate one of the last inhibitors to broad thin client adoption."


Wyse here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...