Skip to main content

Save the planet: Turn off the lights, automate your data centers!

I was sitting and watching the TV and saw this ad from "Act on CO2". This thing moved me off my feet, it always does actually (that also show how soon we all can forget and how badly we need these reminders). Just think about it, forget about Virtualization (for a while), with me:

  • Who are we?
  • Why are we here on this planet?
  • What are we giving back to our "Mother Earth"?
  • What can we do to help us stay on this rock a bit longer?
  • Why don't we all shutdown our PCs when we go home?
  • Why don't we shut down our lights we we go out?
  • Do we turn our heating on full blast or keep in on "eco-drive"?
  • Who are we?
  • Why are we here on this planet?
  • DO WE DESERVE TO BE HERE???
The way we have been acting the last 200 years..umm, I'd fire the whole staff if I was the "Earth CEO"! While these questions will raise a lot of questions in your heads, I just want to take this opportunity to display how badly we have have altered our biosphere.

Nuff said. Watch these movies and also go to GreenerLiving. In fact these videos have been borrowed from them:





Low bandwidth version (For my readers in India, Africa, China, South America and more)




With this post, I am shutting my computer down, turning off the plug and I am off for a good long walk. Do also watch my "Green Grid Template" if you are a CEO in need to help the earth become a better place to live and work in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...