Skip to main content

McAfee release Security Virtual Appliance

From the press release:

"For the first time, customers can try a spam-filtering appliance through the download of a virtual software file, to see how it performs relative to their current anti-spam solution," said Jack Marsal, director of product marketing for McAfee. "We're giving customers the opportunity to experience the benefits of McAfee Secure Internet Gateway on their own server, before making an investment in an appliance."

The VMware trial has the same features and effectiveness of the physical Secure Internet Gateway appliance. Users can quickly and easily add the software to a server that is already up and running in the production environment, to conduct the evaluation without setting up a separate appliance.

The McAfee Secure Internet Gateway provides the following benefits:

* Comprehensive threat protection. A single appliance defends against both Web and e-mail threats, stopping spam, phishing, viruses, spyware and malicious Web sites
* Superior Security. Secure Internet Gateway finds and blocks 98 percent of spam, including hard-to-detect image spam, and includes McAfee's award-winning anti-virus and anti-spyware technology
* Safe Surfing. McAfee SiteAdvisorTM is built-in to help monitor, warn, or proactively stop users from visiting Web sites that harbor spyware, phishing scams, or spamming agents
* Increased cost savings. McAfee provides enterprise-class security at an affordable, flat-rate price, with inexpensive renewals
* Improved security visibility and reaction time. McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator allows users to centrally and efficiently manage their gateway, desktop and mail server protections


McAfee's Press Statement

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...