Leading the industry beyond server virtualization, Egenera Inc. announced today that it will make Egenera® PAN Manager™ software available on other vendors' hardware platforms as part of its new software business. PAN Manager delivers Data Center Virtualization by combining server virtualization with network and storage virtualization to transform IT infrastructure into flexible, scalable assets that can be allocated as needed - resulting in rapid time to market, dynamic scalability and cost-effective high availability. Announcements regarding specific third-party platforms and availability will be made separately.
Egenera will continue to innovate and advance the highly successful Egenera® BladeFrame® product line, featuring high-performance, integrated solutions designed for business and mission critical computing. The BladeFrame system will continue to be focused on the high end of the application set where the need for performance and availability are most critical.
Egenera PAN Manager software complements widely-deployed server virtualization (hypervisor) solutions by delivering full infrastructure virtualization that provides:
- Simple and seamless provisioning and management for both physical and virtual servers, virtual networks and storage;
- Cost effective high availability through Egenera's patented N+1 availability technology;
- Verifiable disaster recovery through Egenera's patented N+1 DR technology;
- Simple right sizing and scalability through dynamic repurposing; and
- Effective chargeback capabilities, logical, secure partitioning, and named pools of resources.