Skip to main content

Alternative Technology Expands Virtualization Practice With LeftHand Networks’ Open iSCSI SANs

Alternative Technology, a leading specialty distributor of thin-client/server-based computing, edge infrastructure, virtualization, and government-approved security solutions, recently announced that it has signed a value-added distribution agreement with LeftHand Networks, the leader in open iSCSI SANs. Under the agreement, Alternative Technology will promote and distribute LeftHand Networks’ Open iSCSI SAN technology to its network of 3,000 resellers in the United States and Canada. Channel sales, training and pre-sales support will commence immediately, with general availability Nov. 7.

“This agreement represents a major expansion of Alternative Technology’s virtual infrastructure solution strategy, broadening and complementing our current portfolio of VMware virtualization and Citrix-based infrastructure solutions with open iSCSI SANs for x86 server platforms,” said Tom Zorn, executive vice president, Alternative Technology. “iSCSI is a viable new technology that will allow our channel partners to leverage their technical and market presence in legacy network and server virtualization to sell SAN hardware for business continuity/data recovery applications, which is a significant growth market opportunity.”

According to industry research firm IDC, iSCSI is the fastest growing segment of the storage industry. During 2006, the iSCSI SAN market grew by 144 percent, to $746 million, and is predicted to grow to $5 billion by 2010.

“We are pleased to have Alternative Technology as our newest distributor and are excited about the sales and technical support they will offer to their extensive network of VARs across North America in support of our iSCSI SAN," said David Bangs, vice president of sales at LeftHand Networks. “Alternative Technology’s presence in the virtualization market, its strong relationship with VMware, and through Arrow, its strength in enterprise-class x86 servers from HP and IBM, makes them a very important distribution channel for us.”


Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...