Skip to main content

XCalibre choose Virtual Iron


The UK-based web host deployed the server virtualization and virtual infrastructure management capabilities of Virtual Iron, to create a true utility platform for its hosted services. The virtualization and software platform will support Xcalibre’s 9,000 plus residential, business and reseller customers. The software is hoped to help XCalibre to increase service levels, simplify infrastructure management and reduce operational costs across its entire ISP infrastructure.

Tony Lucas, CEO at XCalibre Communications offered, ”Virtual Iron is the first server virtualization platform that could satisfy our requirements and it is now turning our vision for a flexible and dynamic IT infrastructure into reality. We’re able to deploy Virtual Iron across our entire ISP infrastructure to increase service levels for both our internal and external customers.”

XCalibre has just released a limited Beta of its FlexiScale Platform, a new outsourced infrastructure service which many industry watchers expect to compete directly with Amazon’s EC2. The Virtual Iron solution is a key component of the FlexiScale offering.

Dermot Reynolds, Managing Director at NewDatum U.K.-based virtualisation consultancy and Virtual Iron channel partner commented, ”Virtual Iron is a wall-to-wall virtualisation technology that is ideally suited for deployment across an entire ISP infrastructure. It combines a number of key features and capabilities including low cost, flexible scalability, the ability to manage your entire infrastructure from a single console screen, and ease of deployment.”

Virtual Iron provides production-ready server virtualization and virtual infrastructure management capabilities for unmodified Windows and Linux at one-fifth the cost of comparable alternatives. The platform combines an open source hypervisor with advanced virtualization services and sophisticated policy-based management. Virtual Iron enables users to takes full advantage of new hardware-assisted virtualization (Intel VT and AMD-V) on servers to deliver near native performance. The software also offers other enterprise-class capabilities such as large memory support (up to 96 GB), large SMP capabilities (up to 8 CPUs) and the ability to virtualize server platforms with up to 32 physical CPUs. Unlike other virtualization solutions, Virtual Iron requires no installation or management of software on physical servers, further simplifying installation and data center operations.



I intentionally choose NOT to snip off that telephone on the jpg, so call'em if you need to have your own dedicated web server!

Comments

  1. Tarry,

    If you have any questions or want to know anything else feel free to get in touch.

    Thanks,

    Tony Lucas

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...