Every day, I will talk about something about what all the work I have been doing for the project and what all I have in my head, and that, my friends, you know very well , is a mass of unlimited data!
- Servers: Anyways here I will be proposing HP DL 385 servers. Locations are spread across the country. P
- Vendor selection: We have already chosen a good and trusted partner, who is , obviously, a HP partner.
- Pre-VCP training: I will be training the staff, that I hired in the past months, with VMware suite of products. We will cover all products. This will be a customized training and is NOT meant to prepare them for VCP. Very soon we will work with our VATCs to arrange VCP training and certification for our project members.
- Choice of Hypervisor: Should VMware truly annouce the ESX price slashing, as rumored, then we will accelerate our project plan to adopt ESX and not using VMware Server as the transition virtualization product.
- Press Conference: I am trying to arrange a press conference with some of my friends out there, and we will be talking about the "Green Data Center" and "Environmental Responsibility". Working hard on this one!
- Site surveys: I will be visiting client sites. I didn't tell you, well I never told you much about my activities out there, I shipped computers, servers, racks, switches and what not to our project members. All free of cost, through my HP friends in The Netherlands. All that stuff is now installed at the client sites. This needs to be inspected since the IT staff needs to get to work, after I have trained them.
- Making friends: I will be meeting more people and will try to encourage many others to come and join the "Virtual Green Grid" initiative. You could be a start-up, or you could be a seasoned infra person, I will convince you that virtualization is a boon that can help us all build efficient data centers.
- Contract Management: Here I will be making definitive agreements with several vendors.
- Future Data Center Strategies: with increasing internet speeds, we will attempt to quickly migrate the local infrastructures to a central repository. A greener central data center. Here we will be talking with parties who are experienced with hosting data centers for third parties.