Skip to main content

Inquirer nuts about VMware Workstation 6!

Creating a virtual OS from an install DVD went smoothly, just as we would have hoped for with no problems. VMware offered a minimum spec in processer but we’d advise a reasonable Core Duo, especially in the installation stage. As it can be a system hog at times. Importing an OS went well too, all though not every OS could be brought across - some of the old NetWare systems seemed to have trouble.

It has been confirmed that VMware uses Workstation as its own test-bed for features to be seen in their grown-up products VMware Server and ESX. So look forward to seeing some of these abilities in future editions of their platforms.

In Short
Whatever your use for VMware Workstation 6, whether development, disaster recovery or IT literacy - version 6 is useful.
Really, I will be demo'ing a complete datacenter workshop on my laptop with my workstation demo in Africa! Let me rephrase myself, and this time in capitals: COMPLETE VIRTUAL GREEN DATACENTER ON YOUR LAPTOP.

Anybody would go nuts on this product! I have my hands suck deep into it since 2000! Never have looked back. I will make videos so you can see it all in action there.

For now check out the L'inq.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...