- Intelligent Optimization Engine - Improves utilization of hardware resources by leveraging core intelligent, adaptive and predictive optimization engine.
- Resource Prioritization - Ensures optimal performance by dynamically allocating virtual I/O paths for hosted virtual machines.
- Resource Utilization - Optimizes disk I/O operations by intelligently utilizing CPU and memory resources for more balanced and effective resource utilization.
- Targeted Optimization - Enables organizations to designate which virtual machines to optimize on each host server to ensure alignment with overall performance goals.
- Full VI3 Support - Fully supports VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3) environments, including High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), VMotion and Consolidated Backup (VCB).
- Comprehensive Storage Support - Optimization capabilities support iSCSI, SAN, DAS, and NFS storage configurations.
- Optimal Architecture - Complements ESX Server and provides an easy-to-use, low overhead, seamless solution for optimizing ESX Server. In addition, VirtualOctane does not require modifications to the guest virtual machines and is operating system agnostic.
Check out their press release!
I always have a soft spot for firms like InovaWave, Marathon. It is a personal thing, BTW. I like firms who think in terms of performance and high availability. That they have a good understanding and better feeling of applications that will remain unchanged and will still need to be run and kept alive all the times. Thinking scalability and sustainability ahead of you planning will take you a long way. And I mean you, sir, the consumer!