Skip to main content

VMware launches "Professional Partners Program"

Quoting CRN:


Should solution providers expand into virtualization and product lifecycle management software [PLM]? Executives from VMware and Siemens UGS made pitches for reseller recruits in those rapidly growing markets in a Tech Symposium session during the opening day of the XChange '07 conference.

With more than 1 million small and midsize businesses in the U.S. running 14 million servers, the potential market for VMware's server virtualization products among SMBs is $6.5 billion, said Carl Eschenbach, VMware executive vice president of worldwide field operations. For every dollar of VMware software licenses sold there are $5 to $8 in additional high-margin service, training, software and storage revenue opportunities, he said. "It's not just about selling this technology to the high end, to the enterprise accounts."

Although 75 percent of VMware's business is already conducted through channels, Eschenbach announced that VMware is launching a new "Professional Partners" program whose participants can resell VMware's entire product line, not just a subset of its products. The interest is there: When asked how many resellers are at least "dabbling" in virtualization, a solid majority of the attendees raised their hands.


This is a great opportunity for resellers, the ones who have been waiting on the sidelines, to contact the distributors of VMware solutions, and get quickly enabled to start selling the solutions to their clients.

This market is red hot, it can't get any hotter! Check out the source.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...