In recent years, there has been a surge of interest in server virtualization technologies. What’s fueling this interest is the fact that virtualization can dramatically lower IT costs.
Virtualization provides a fresh and unique perspective of the data center. With hardware enhancements such as Intel VT or AMD-V, it is more capable than ever of handling enterprise workloads. Plus, virtualization provides more than simple consolidation; it also brings unparalleled levels of recovery, protection, and automation.
Companies of all sizes are looking at ways to use this relatively new technology to cut IT costs, as well as increase server and application performance. Virtualization is sure to impact you at some point. Are you ready?
Join this expert panel seminar moderated by PASS president Kevin Kline to better understand virtualization and what to consider when using SQL Server in a virtual environment.
The panel will explore specific needs in IT organizations with large SQL Server deployments. It will provide:
- A broad picture of virtualization benefits and decisions that determine the effects of those benefits
- Insight on planning, deploying, and managing a virtual environment for SQL Server 2005
- Ways to leveraging storage, network, and computing resources to control costs and respond faster
- Background on the virtualization of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and how it differs from multi-instancing
- Perspective on the trade offs of traditional consolidation vs. virtualization
- A vision for reducing management overhead and technology investment while permitting users to scale your SQL Server environments
- Detailed tips and tricks for creating an effective virtualization environment