Skip to main content

Virtualization and SaaS will go hand-in-hand!



Honestly, when you're Data Center is Virtualized, its time to hand it over to some really professional shops instead of handling the shoddy IT department which you probably are making a mess of.

Anyways it won't come as a surprise to me if VMware itself starts offering its data centers for data center hosting and provisioning. Or partner with Google and run the data centers of (mainly) SMBs in your park.

This post makes interesting points on the developments.

Provisioning. Image-based deployment of virtual machines is much simpler and less error-prone than an installation process requiring many steps in the configuration. Virtuozzo, with extremely compact images, makes provisioning a snap.

Density. Most existing applications were not designed for SaaS and only support a single tenant (user hierarchy) per environment. Virtualization allows multiple instances of such applications to run on the same machine, greatly improving efficiency without the need to redesign the application. The unique architecture of Virtuozzo allows 25-50 instances per server, making it economically very efficient to run "legacy" applications in SaaS mode.


Given that you will be resilient to the market developments, you will be losing your shop and resources to the closest and better performing vendor. Read the benefits and consider SaaS (with or without the Virtualization factor)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...