Skip to main content

Enterprize "in the cloud": More VMware gluing



More gluing going on as StorageCraft partners with Programmer's Paradise and VMware.

"Our strategic partnerships with VMware and Programmer's Paradise will help customers easily use StorageCraft ShadowProtect solutions to manage their virtual environments," said Curt James, vice president of marketing and business development for StorageCraft. "As an industry-leading reseller, Programmer's Paradise is in a unique position to effectively sell StorageCraft solutions to the IT community."


Sure we all wanna glue to the leader. But seriously, eventually we are looking at all shops with their enterprizes "in the cloud". It really won't matter any more where you are running your services, who's servicing. VMware is indeed going to kick some real ass. When I see Gartner and other folks talk about underestimation , I can just giggle. Same thing as Google, you just won't know what VMware is going to come up next month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...