Skip to main content

Veeam releases Reporter 2.0 tool for VI3!



Our friends @Veeam are going strong!

Veeam™ Software, a new provider of best-of-breed systems management solutions for virtual machines (VMs), today announced the release of a new major version of Veeam Reporter 2.0 for VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3)

Veeam Reporter 2.0 collects information about VI3 environment, its components and configuration settings, and provides comprehensive reports for analysis and documentation. Designed for professional use by ESX administrators, system integrators and datacenter managers, the tool is fully integrated with VMware VirtualCenter and ESX Server.

KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS

Discovering in Minutes

A manual process of collecting information about VI3 environment can take hours and is prone to human errors. With Veeam Reporter the discovery of entire infrastructure usually takes from one to five minutes. Tremendous time saving allows IT administrators and datacenter managers to be more productive.

Analyzing in Visio

Veeam Reporter 2.0 offers users the bird's eye view of the entire VMware Infrastructure from Networking, Storage, Vmotion (NEW) and Configuration (IMPROVED) points of view. Professional Visio reports are essential for ESX administrators and datacenter managers in understanding of the current environment as well as planning for the future

Documenting in Excel, Word and PDF (NEW)

Veeam Reporter 2.0 collects every detail of ESX or VirtualCenter configuration and saves the information in different file formats. Visio is a great tool for visualizing and analyzing the virtual infrastructure. Excel spreadsheets are good for building an inventory and allow for quick searching of a particular detail, for example finding an IP address for a VM. The Word's ability to compare documents is great for tracking changes. PDF is a portable format that can be distributed and used in heterogeneous environments as well as use for information archival purposes.

In addition, Veeam Software announces today the new Veeam Consultant License Program which is designed for Veeam channel and consulting partners. The Consultant License is a low cost, time limited license restricted to a single customer engagement. Veeam partners can take advantage of Veeam products at greatly reduced prices. To learn more visit: http://www.veeam.com/partners/lic_forall.asp

“Since its first release a few months ago Veeam Reporter has become a very popular tool among ESX administrators and consultants“, said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam Software president and CEO. “The new version is built on customer feedback, and brings the product to the next level with new functionality and scalability.”

Veeam Reporter 2.0 is available immediately. To learn more about Veeam Reporter, please visit: http://www.veeam.com/veeam_reporter.asp

“VMware Infrastructure 3 and ESX Server are being widely adopted by enterprise customers as they offer the new level of systems utilization and availability,” - said Ratmir Timashev, president and CEO, Veeam Software. “New Veeam Reporter is an essential tool for developing a High Availability (HA) & VMotion strategy in an enterprise environment.”

To learn more about Veeam Reporter, please visit: http://www.veeam.com/veeam_reporter.asp

The pricing starts at $120 per CPU including the first year maintenance plan. Additional annual support is available at $20 per year per CPU. Volume discounts are available.


Check them out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here