Skip to main content

Microsoft SCVMM Beta 2 VHD ready!



Got this email from Microsoft...

Hi all,
Today we have uploaded a pre-configured VHD that contains SCVMM Beta 2 (and all its prerequisites) to the SCVMM downloads section.
This VHD can be used to easily test/demo SCVMM Beta 2 in your environment. A detailed installation instructions are also included in the download.
Thank you for helping to make our product better.


Go to the download section and download it!

Instructions:

This pre-configured VHD can be used to quickly evaluate SCVMM Beta 2 features.
Installation instructions;
1. Download all three files below and double click WIN2K3R2EE_SCVMM.part1.exe and merge all files.
2. Install Microsoft Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1 on your test machine. You must install the Virtual Server Administration Website.
Note
· If you already have Virtual Server 2005 installed, you must upgrade to R2 SP1 and install the Virtual Server Administration Website to create the VMM Beta 2 virtual machine.
3. In the Virtual Server Administration Website, create a VM using the VMM VHD (Win2k3R2EE_SCVMM.vhd) which was merged/created in Step 1.
Important
· You must attach a network card (that has access to the domain network) to the virtual machine at this stage.
4. Start the VM and perform the mini-setup of Windows and configure the settings for your VM such as time zone, computer name, and other settings required for your environment.
Important
· Your VMM Beta 2 virtual machine must be joined to a domain to work successfully. You can join your VM to a domain during Windows Setup.
5. When Windows mini-setup finishes, login to the VM using the following credentials;
· Username: administrator
· Password: Evaluation1
6. Run “compmgmt.msc” and add a domain user account to the local “Administrators” security group under “System Tools/Local Users and Groups/Groups” and then logoff.
7. Login to the domain using a domain account that you added to the local administrators group on the previous step.
8. Click on the “SCVMM Setup” link on the desktop to perform the “mini-setup of VMM Beta 2” to complete the setup.
9. After VMM has been setup and configured, click on the “SCVMM Admin Console” link on the desktop to open the VMM Administrator Console and connect to the localhost as the VMM server using the default port of 8100.
Note
· After you have setup VMM, do not click on the “SCVMM Setup” link on the desktop to run SCVMM mini-setup again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here