Skip to main content

Bluelane's VirtualShield best of Interop!



Greg pinged me on this exclusive news (to be published tomorrow)

"Winning Best of Interop this year is well deserved validation for our state-of-the-art approach to server security," said Jeff Palmer, president and CEO at Blue Lane. “There were more than 100 security vendors exhibiting this year. This was clearly a watershed win for all of us championing signature-free security for virtual and physical servers.”


“The Best of Interop Awards are always an indicator of the most innovative and exciting offerings in these product categories and this year’s winners are no exception,” said Art Wittmann, editor in chief, Network Computing. “Blue Lane and each of the category winners have truly demonstrated superior technology and innovation, and deserve recognition for their contributions to the industry.”


Addressing the unique challenges of virtual infrastructure security, VirtualShield protects guest virtual machines running on VMware Infrastructure 3. VirtualShield delivers the following unique capabilities:

  • Protects virtualized servers regardless of physical location or patch-level;

  • Provides up-to-date protection with no configuration changes and no agent installation on each virtual machine;

  • Eliminates remote threats without blocking legitimate application requests or requiring server reboots; and

  • Delivers appropriate protection for specific applications without requiring any manual tuning.




Honestly I am not surprised that they won it. Why? These are not just merely software vendors or some security firm with loads of patents and little to deliver. These guys come right out of the security mayhem that we all live in.

Congrats folks!

Check out VirtualShield. Not because it won a prize but because it is lot cooler and goes beyond security that you can imagine! It also got recently reviewed here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here