Skip to main content

Virtualization: Rise of Consumerism!



When I thought about talking about Virtualization to schools, start-ups, entrepreneurs, seminars where people would look at me and say "huh!?", I honestly didn't have an intended strategy but what I did have a "conscientious strategic intent". So what do we mean by that?

It might seem ridiculous to talk about Virtualization to a unrelenting client who has a large customer base. At least a tired Channel Sales engineer would think so. Well selling a future to a large enterprise client by closing in and taking them to the corner is not exactly what they like. "Hey, I'm approached by large firms here, who d you think you are?" I know its hard! I have had some tough crowd (including my very own!) but the message was to do exactly the opposite!

I decided (including this blog) to talk to every and any consumer. When you look at the consumer market space, it doe not have to find its root or origin in a large enterprise. It does exist there, for sure. But its voice is heard all over the place except within the enterprise.

But if you look at the consumer, you'll find yourself in a huge sea of unmeasurable but endless possibilities. Mass commoditization is the mantra but achieving it or pushing it too hard too early is the danger. But the consumerism (people blogging, people deciding , people influencing the developments) is on the rise. Its a massive market space. Look at the mobile telephone market. Its huge. Apple wants to have 1% of that share and its already considered to be too ambitious by some. Anyways they have got the guts to go for it.

Well in the same way the SMB market is again a small and also unmeasurable market. There are so many shops out there. And are so unapproachable. If I trigger the virtualization into the SMB market, would my competitor grab it up after all the hard work I've done? Yes, that danger does exist. But the consumer is also a:
  • Grand parent
  • A college student
  • Car mechanic
  • just about anyone who has a computational need and has a computer at home!
Well, you get my idea, mass commoditization is the way to push virtualization deep, broad and all-directionally! This is a huge market and I can bet you that every household has more than one member who'd like to site behind the same computer, well set up virtual applications on that same PC. Watch out for my video where I'll give you an example of what a typical regular consumer can do to enhance the productivity in his/her own home with limited resources while keeping all appliances isolated.

Productivity and energy savings are not just limited to enterprise, and SMB. It also is for all of us. The consumer has spoken and we ought to start talking to one another!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DeepLearningTrucker Part 1

Avastu Blog is migrating to IdeationCloud.com; 1st Jan 2009 live

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. WITHIN 2 SECONDS YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO THE NEW HOME OF AVASTU BLOG. PLEASE DO UPDATE AVASTU BLOG'S URL to : http://www.ideationcloud.com on your website.

I will send out emails personally to those who are using my link(s) on their sites.

Thanks much for your co-operation and hope you enjoy the new site and its cool new features :-)




Not like the site is unlive or something..on the contrary, its beginning to get a lot of attention already. Well most of the work is done, you don't have to worry about anything though:

What won't change

Links/Referrals: I will be redirecting the links (all links which you may have cross-posted) to IdeationCloud.com - so you don't have to do anything in all your posts and links. Although, I would urge however that you do change the permalinks, especially on your blogs etc yourselfThis blog is not going away anywhere but within a few months, I will consider discontinuing its usage. I won't obviously do …

Cloud Security: Eliminate humans from the "Information Supply Chain on the Web"

My upcoming article, part - 3 data center predictions for 2009, has a slideshot talking about the transition from the current age to the cloud computing age to eventually the ideation age- the age where you will have clouds that will emote but they will have no internal employees.

Biggest management disasters occur because internal folks are making a mess of the playground.

Om's blog is carrying an article about Cloud security and it is rather direct but also makes a lot of sense:

I don’t believe that clouds themselves will cause the security breaches and data theft they anticipate; in many ways, clouds will result in better security. Here’s why: Fewer humans –Most computer breaches are the result of human error; only 20-40 percent stem from technical malfunctions. Cloud operators that want to be profitable take humans out of the loop whenever possible.Better tools – Clouds can afford high-end data protection and security monitoring tools, as well as the experts to run them. I trust…