Skip to main content

Sneak Peek : FastSCP 2.0 from Veeam for ESX Server



I got to test the FastSCP version 2.0 against my ESX Servers and I was truly impressed with this tool! The new features are totally cool! The tool will be released on 26th Feb 2007, coming Monday thus.

Check out the cool new features:




  • ESX to ESX direct copy. FastSCP 2.0 allows a user to copy files directly between ESX servers or within one ESX server. Copying is fast and secure and doesn’t require any configuration or setup.
  • Multiple ESX Management. The new version allows a user to work with several ESX servers at the same time within a single interface. All servers are displayed as a folder tree in the Windows Explorer-like UI. The user can easily navigate through the folder tree and switch from one server to another.
  • Complete File Management & Windows Integration. FastSCP allows a user to work with ESX servers just like one works with files and folders in Windows. FastSCP supports both Drag n’ Drop and Copy & Paste.


And if you have forgotten, its a FREE TOOL!

Veeam CEO Ratmir on the new version:

“In a short period of time since its first release in October, 2006 FastSCP has become a very popular tool among ESX administrators“- said Ratmir Timashev, Veeam Software president and CEO. “The new version is built on customer feedback, and brings the product to the next level with new functionality, scalability, security and ease-of-use.”

Veeam FastSCP doesn’t require any ESX server reconfiguration. It has a Windows Explorer-like user interface familiar to any Windows user. Any administrator can install FastSCP on his/her workstation and start copying files right away.




My advice: You have to have this tool in your toolkit as an ESX Administrator!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...