Skip to main content

Sun's X4500: Cheapest data server for Oracle RAC?



Well this is much in line with the SAN vs SATA battle that we once spoke about and also built a server.

Sure Sun went ahead and delivered it to you on a silver platter! Really cool product! I'm beginning to feel that Sun's back! Good going, Jonathan!

Imagine you can just say your big fat SAN goodbye. We are talking about our biggest big daddy Oracle (RAC /Standard) database on one server.

Or the stuff recommended by Sun :

Designed For You

* HPC/Grid
* Business Intelligence/Data Analytics
* Digital Media Streaming
* Digital Video Surveillance
* Nearline Storage

That sure is a purty little thang!







This is an amazing way for SMB market and I am thinking of Universities and
Schools across Africa, India, Argentina, Brazil to name a few. I already know what I'm gonna be proposing to the Uganda team coming this September.

Imagine this 64bit AMD dual core server, 16G RAM and the whole stack from db, web apps, ldap,crm/erp, mail etc built on the virtualization layer like VI3 OR free VMware Servers! w00t :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here