Skip to main content

MarketBusting breakthrough strategies: And where can VMware fit into all this?



Well since I'm all tamed with the backache (its getting a lot better though and I'm already taking walks etc) and am settled in my bed with laptop, I had all the time and a lot on my mind. What I'm going to talk about here is certain marketbusting and extraordinary marketing strategies to win terrain at massive speeds. You know kick ass stuff. The stuff that puts you in a league of pioneers.

I remember back in 95 when I flew home from Singapore to Delhi, my parent picked me up at the airport. I was looking at all the new developments in the area. My dad said: "Yeah, a lot has changed". I replied wryly :" Expansion is the law of the universe". Well but it indeed comes at a cost. Bigger and sometimes smaller but smarter stars, galaxies expand at the cost of others. Well a smart executive knows that having the cannibal in the house is a necessary evil (we won't get too much into the product cannibalism here though). Anyways sometimes expansion has to be forced. Forced with new evolving strategies.


We'll talk about stuff like:
  • Worldwide tours*
  • Bootlegs*
The whole idea is to hone the transformation process. Meaning here you will transform (existing) customer experience and overwhelm new customers with the continuously transforming (optimized user experience) product offerings. Being a market leader it is hard to do comparisons as you lead the pack. And here understanding the industry dynamics is crucial.

What is more crucial is cash! You must thrive to continuously improving yours and your customers cash influx. Companies need to see quick and fast cash flow/growth. Help them help you accelerate this collective cash influx.

So watch out for the "Marketbusting Series".

* Yep, It seems like a Rock tour. Well if your products need to rock, you need to adapt similar strategies to stay in business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

A Collection of Threnodies : Part 1

Whale Fall ----------------- Dress me up in my new threads clasp my greasy palms grease my hair I'm ready for the fall Watch at all the decadence watching the avalanche I'm slipping down losing my buoyancy What's become of us where have we come this far, this close close to the doors I hear them, sublimal chants I'm on the run I race through the human sea I am the king! I'm the slave to my own undoings I'm the jester in my courtyard We jest as we run We're strolling on that thin rope we grope as we rope we're true heros we're the survivors we're the scavengers we're the friends we're the lovers we're the unbred Soon awaiting the fall we're lurking on us we're osedaxing us we're soon going to be done we'll soon be arrested *osedax(bone devourer, newly discovered marine genus) feeds on a fallen(sunken) whale carcass(which is also called a whale fall). Read more here

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...