Wednesday, February 15, 2006
Click on the title to hear what I have to say, alternatively click here to listen to what I have to say here.
So what is a virtualized workplace? Does it mean it does not exist? That it's virtual? Well in a certain way YES. This is where the future of our workplace is going to be. Well it is already a reality in some countries.
OK lets start by asking ourselves these questions:
- Do you really bond with your colleagues? (think Team cohesiveness)
- Do you spend great amount of hours talking about great things that you will do together? (think collaboration)
- Do you really feel that you give 100% at work? (think effectiveness)
- What do you really miss at your desk? (think personalization)
- Is your desk comfortable enough? (Again think optimizing personalization, OK you have done your best to make it your place)
- Does it really matter to your employer that you are there for him/her? (think commitment)
- Or do you get micromanaged over petty issues? (think mismanagement)
- Do you see your employees performing well? (think management)
- Do you see projects dying before reaching/meeting deadlines? (Well studies show 70% projects are doomed because of various factors and the most important is effective razor sharp project teams or the lack thereof)
- Are you dying to get into some hot shot projects but can't blow off your steam (think untapped potential)
PS: I'll continue and try to finish it tomorrow. You are free to comment though.
PS2: Brian is top priority now but I promise to continue this very soon!(In a few days)
PS3: Listen to what I have to say about this topic.