Skip to main content

Google Earth Rocks!

Wow, I mean I was sitting and wanted to take a look at my parents house , the house where I grew up and lo! Here it was, right in the heart of India, in Noida. I zoom in to the the place where we played soccer in the Stadium and then here I zoom in further to my Mom/Dad's house.(Ok it's fuzzy and I don't want you to drop in at my parents place...LOL)

Amazing, isn't it? This is just the beginning to my dream which will be reality soon.(I hope in my lifetime), where we will all carry literally Mio like stuff all in one or a PSP(play station mobile) with everything in it and be able to closer to each other more than ever. And with live data! By then I would certainly have had devised way to travel through space with ts*.

I think I'll display more pictures when I'll talk about the "High Context, Low Context". Maybe I would be able to zoom in that bar in Dalian(China) where I sang Pearl Jam(half drunk :)).

Ok here is another pic of paranagua in Brazil where we delivered gas regularly when I worked for Maersk back in 97/98.(A contract with Petrobras). And oh, how can I forget my Bullet Island(Puerto Rico) , pity that my dream port, mayagueez was clouded(hope they'll update the imagery).

And on a GoogleEarthPro trial version with 3D and other stuff. Here's Chicago with 3D buildings.

*ts = thought speed

Comments

  1. Where is Sector21 ? Is it near Atta market or near NEPZ ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. amar,
    I't near ATTA market.
    I called my mom last and heard that the whole place has changed.lot's of malls and the works. Gee...If I get some time then I'll problably plan a trip this year Oct.

    PS: I saw your new blog look(modblog), it's rather neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you have been away for long then you are in for real surprise. Delhi and its NCR can be called city of malls. Every other builder is into this goldmine. In GURGAON DLF is going to build the biggest mall in the world stretched over 4 million sq feet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS: I saw your new blog look(modblog), it's rather neat.

    Yes I'm really happy with it, spent last night tweaking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the gurgaon thing is yottacool!!

    I guess my kids/grand kids can plan moving back and building the "bharat" that it was centuries ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Security: VMware Workstation 6 vulnerability

vulnerable software: VMware Workstation 6.0 for Windows, possible some other VMware products as well type of vulnerability: DoS, potential privilege escalation I found a vulnerability in VMware Workstation 6.0 which allows an unprivileged user in the host OS to crash the system and potentially run arbitrary code with kernel privileges. The issue is in the vmstor-60 driver, which is supposed to mount VMware images within the host OS. When sending the IOCTL code FsSetVoleInformation with subcode FsSetFileInformation with a large buffer and underreporting its size to at max 1024 bytes, it will underrun and potentially execute arbitrary code. Security focus

Linux, Linux : Get started with VMWare and Knoppix or Ubuntu Live CD!

Well everyone's talking about it now and you're wondering "what the heck is Linux?". So you've finally come face to face with yourself and say it loudly(errum..In your head first , please). I want to learn it! I admit it, I've been a fool! I hafta learn this kool OS! OK chill! You're faced with a challenge of all that installation crap. And boy, ask the veterans they've made lot's of money just installing Linux and installing Oracle on Linux was a big thing. And talking about setting about clusters was only for Big Boys and doing Oracle RAC setup was only for BEEEG BOYZ!!! Ok I can see you're already sleeping on my story. And Hey! Stop drooling on my shoulder! Wake up!!! You yell back at me " WHAT DO I HAFTA DO? WHERE I GOTTA KLIK? I Don't wanna fight with my wife over installing Linux at home? And my Microsoft Boss is angry because I made my colleagues so scared when I installed Linux at work? Ok Ok I get it. You want to learn it'...

Our frozen chi's and the Workfloor

I left home when I was 20. I had studied Physics(Major) and had no idea what to do next. I took to the seas, I think looking back it was more like a refuge, an asylum. Seeking to get away from all that peer pressure, myself and what not. 1991 June 7, around midnight I arrive in Lagos, Nigeria. Company agent ships me to the nearby hotel to wait for my first “boat”. That's the first time in my life I saw a lot of people , a race totally different from ours. I was warned to be careful, protect my wallet, but they came across as just about any other regular folk. That was my “first encounter”. Funny, since then I have worked with all kinds of nationalities (Japanese, Chinese, Malaysians, Indonesians, Dutch, Scandinavians, Thai, Americans, Spanish, Argentinians,..I can go on and on). What I have learned in all that is that we are all so much alike. But on board a ship it is “ really ” different. Your job is crucial and you must work together. That makes you accept each other realistica...